Exploring the Heart of the Celtic Spirit
Exploring the Heart of the Celtic Spirit | 3 – 7 June 2017
In recent years, Chalice Well Trust has hosted exhibitions and festivals exploring different faiths and paths. In 2012 we held an exhibition of the sacred relics of the historical Buddha Shakyamuni and many other Buddhist masters from India, Tibet, Korea & China as part of the international ‘Maitreya Loving Kindness Tour’. During the Easter of 2013, the Trust hosted ‘The Turin Shroud Exhibition’. In 2015, 'Exploring the Sacred Arts of Islam' included an exhibition of Islamic art, music, workshops and presentations.
In June 2017, the Trust will hold a five-day festival, 'Exploring the Heart of the Celtic Spirit', which aims to discover and connect with aspects of the Celtic tradition.
The festival will play host to:
- An exhibition in the meeting room of illuminated manuscripts and traditional Celtic art with an interpretation on how these expressed the order of the natural world
- Workshops that afford the experience of creating geometric designs:
- Willow weaving
- Limestone carving
- Wood carving
- Celtic calligraphy
- Talks on the contemplative traditions
- Performances of Celtic poetry and stories
- Celtic-inspired and dance
Tuesday, 21 February 2017